If you live a sustainable lifestyle to any degree we’re pretty sure that you’re aware of recycling and its benefits, but have you ever heard of being waste free? Just as it sounds the practice of being waste free entails that you create absolutely no trash that has to sit in landfills. You either compost, recycle or reuse every single thing which can be a little tricky to do. If you’re up for the challenge in going an extra step in helping to sustain our environment keep these tips on how to be waste free in mind…
- Opt for a reusable travel mug instead of a disposable cup for your morning java.
- Pack a waste-free lunch for you to take to work, or for your kids to take to school.
- Buy in bulk or an as-needed basis.
- Bring home fruit peelings and cores from your lunch to compost at home.
- Bring take out containers to restaurants and skip the Styrofoam boxes.
- Avoid straws or disposable cutlery when eating out. (My Zero Waste)
If you’ve already taken steps to become waste free share them with us below in the comments area!